Photobucket

::My GossPals::

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Mastectomy

Recently a girl friend of mine was diagnosed with a breast cancer but at an early stage. She rang me up crying and was worried of what to become of her since the doctor asked her to undergo an operation to removed part of her breast tissues and some lymph node.

What can you tell someone who is about to have an altered body image due to an operation of her breast? I tried to find some encouraging words and ensure her that she would feel no less than a woman like she usually does. She basically worries about many things...

  • Am i still a woman without it?
  • Would my future husband like me since Im no longer going to be perfect?
  • would it hurt?
  • would other people look at me differently?
  • what if anything happen to me when im under the knife?
  • would you still be my best friend?
I cant say that I understand totally the emotions she is going thru... I can just put myself in her shoes and try to feel and think of what kind of emotions she is going thru but still the person who is in it knows better than others.

Hence, all I can offer her at that particular time would be my shoulder to lean on. Be with her when she needed me the most (if she needs me) and be her (somewhat) pillar of strength cause she looks lost for a second.


-------------------------------------------------------------------

My Dear S,
As promised.. I have many things to say to you but for the time being I can just keep you company via the phone. I truly wish I am there with you... know it always that you have this best friend of yours to lean on. I might not be near but Im surely am to your heart...

I know what you are going thru is not easy but please hang in there. To lose part of it doesnt mean that you are no longer who you are darling. It's just an alteration. Think of it as like you going for liposuction or something but for the betterment. How's that? I know its easier said than done but truly you need to be strong.

We are still young and we can beat this together. All I can offer at the moment is words of encouragement since both of us has no others to lean on but our best friends. Told my mother about it and she will pray for your health... dont worry, my mom is ur mom :)

Guys would see it differently that us but belief me dear that someone somewhere surely will love you for who you are and not for what they want you to be. Personality comes first remember! that's always been our motto. Who cares about looks as long as you are beautiful at heart.. then u are totally beautiful... FULL STOP!

HUGS and MANY LOVES from me always...
and REMEMBER... Im your BEST FRIEND even if u have no nose or arse!!! *giggles*
Love ya gal!

Regards
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message... Have a pleasant day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Glitter Words